Thread: Divorce level?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

I agree with what everyone here is saying. You have already given up on yourself. You are saying you "can't" leave him because of the house and because you will be lonely. Believe me, nothing is lonelier than being with someone who is abusive and drunk.

You may be lonely for a little while, but you can build a support system--one much more reliable than what you have now. How, exactly, does he comfort you, support you? There are strangers out there who will, believe me. They are strangers to you now, but they can be your rocks on which you can build a new life for yourself, one where you don't hear hurtful words and feel ignored.

I used to think I had to be in a relationship to be valuable. WRONG. After my last relationship ended seven or so years ago I quit looking for someone else to make my life what I wanted it to be. Instead, I started working to make it what I wanted it to be. I never feel lonely. I have friends, work that I love. Two cats that annoy me on a daily basis (but only because they are all over me loving me). I'll never say I could never meet someone I wanted to share my life with, but I no longer feel that I HAVE to.

There are solutions for the house, and for everything else that looks unfixable right now. You deserve not to have to listen to insults from someone in your own home.

If you haven't tried Al-Anon, I suggest you start going. You will meet some of those friends you don't know that you have.