View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
HopefulmomtoD

Originally Posted by Ilovemysonjj View Post
Hopeful, what does your son want? Has he indicated HIS plan? He cannot take control of his life if he has no urgency to do so. I do understand, I have done all of the things you are talking about, and at the end of the day, my son did whatever he wanted to do.
Now he is saying to me all the things I want to hear. The difference this time will be, I am NOT going to do the work for him. I am standing firm in my belief that my son is intelligent and driven enough to be able to take care of himself.
You have to be true to yourself but also allow your son to take the lead.
It is very hard but any former addict will tell you that is how they finally chose their own way.
Hugs again
TT
IDK ... well, he says he wants to be sober. And, he wants us to believe that he can do that staying home and going to AA meetings. He says he wants to go back to school and get a job. We've been in crisis mode around here since right before Christmas when we found out he relapsed. I hear what you are saying and I am really trying to stay hands off and let him do it on his own- he just needs a little push sometimes.

I am running out of hope, but I have no faith that it will work with him at home and I'm too tired of the lies- which is why he is going to go to sober living again. I guess I'm not done yet- I'm not ready to see him be a homeless drunk- if that is his bottom. I may have to experience that- but, I'm not ready for that.

I know you know how I feel. I really hope your son gets it this time, too.