Old 01-14-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ilovemysonjj

Dear Lizwig, I have a 22 year old son who is currently in jail on burglary charges for stealing from us (4 times). His DOC is heroin, however after he got out of rehab last March, he started using crystal meth and heroin. He went absolutely insane for almost 4 months, then turned himself in because he had been shot at and stabbed in the hand. He is in jail until feb 10. My boundaries are crystal clear. I will NOT support anyone in active addiction. He is prepared to go to rehab and really commit to his sobriety this time. Last time he was in rehab, my Mother and I babied him, gave him money weekly and basically let him off the hook for everything. I adore my son, but he must understand his behavior and choices have consequences. I also tried the "engaging on Facebook". It was an obsession that did not serve me well. Your son has told you his intentions. I think the only thing you can do is exactly what you are doing. Good for you for turning off his phone. Let him figure out that his choices and his lifestyle are his responsibility.
Keep reading, there is tons of good information and many Mamma's here to help you.
Hugs,
Teresa