View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 11:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
HopefulmomtoD

I understand what you are saying- that he needs to do this. I have not talked to him or anyone since he was admitted last week. I'm doing this more for me. I am very afraid they will just call and say he's out and I'd like to have some things to suggest to him.

1. He has no job. He is willing to work and came home and did a seasonal job very well. He has applications out.

2. He has no money.

3. He has no car. He needs to finish paying off his fines (very close) before he can drive.

4. I tried the leaving him homeless thing. I thought I would lose his mind. Unless you are a parent who has done it- in the middle of winter- you really do not know what it feels like. My son is not violent, nor has he ever stolen from any of us. My feelings might be different if he were either of those.

5. I know my son and he has issues and he needs some guidance. I know many don't agree with helping and I understand, and maybe I'm just being naive, but in the end I have to do what I can live with. I really don't think I'm a major enabler, but have ordered codependent no more-- just to make sure.

I don't see anything wrong with researching options?