Thread: Keep failing!
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Xune

Originally Posted by Songtx View Post
No, I have not gone to any meetings and have done pretty well on my own.
My alcohol dependency was destroying my life and was in the slow process of killing me.

That being said, I will be blunt.

Going by your first post, I am here to tell you that no, you are not at all doing well on your own. You're still lost, still drinking and still apparently baffled as to how to permanently abstain from alcohol for the rest of your life.

I do think the hardest part is that my husband still drinks.
Is not the hardest part the fact that you have not yet found a way to stop drinking alcohol?

He definitely cut down significantly when I stopped, but there were still "binge" nights. Embarrassing nights when I had to practically carry him home. He thinks that there is nothing wrong with drinking to this extent on occasion, and there is nothing that I can do to change his mind. There is no way he will stop..
I understand that your husband has a drinking problem. So do you. What are you doing about your addiction to alcohol?

The biggest shocker for me in all this is just how quickly the drinking ramps back up to where you left off once you start again. It has only been a few weeks and I am already experiencing all of the health issues that I was before.
You do realize that just a paragraph before, you tried to convince us ( yourself) that you're doing well on your own.

You are not doing well on your own, you are still drinking and have detrimental health issues as a result.

I suggest you make an appointment with your Doctor, tell her everything honestly and then try to understand what it means to accept that alcohol is no longer an option for you.

I wish you well in the choices you make.