View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 08:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
deeker

What I put in front of a relapse

This is from the Big Book.
I now remembered what my alcoholic friends had told me, how they prophesied that if I had an alcoholic mind, the time and place would come-I would drink. They had said that though I did raise a defense, it would one day give way before some trivial reason for having a drink.

For me:
I really have to work hard for my recovery especially now but since a recent relapse I have been over analyzing everything I was thinking prior to the relapse and all the behaviors. I guess that is important but I can't go back and change what happened. I have to make the changes now.

I have to put things in front of a relapse. The usual stuff Prayer, Meetings, Call sponsor, Literature, step work. If I have these things in front of a relapse and if I let up on any one of these things i know I am on slippery ground. I also used to smoke and I know if I were to pick up smoking , that it would be a sign that I am stressed out and need to talk with someone quick. I am slowly learning. What do you put before a relapse? Thanks!