Old 01-14-2013, 05:29 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
GhostFace

On Saturday evening I hit some sort of depression and kept thinking to myself "is this what I'm going to do with my life?" I thought of all the happy times I had drinking and that high and stress relief it gave me. I haven't had a smoke or a drink for about 13 days now. I decided to go to a friends house to kill my boredom. As soon as I arrived they offer me a beer, I quickly denied.

After that I decided to go to a local bar that I usually attend to every weekend. As soon a I walked in a glass of Henessy was at the counter waiting for me. I said "no thanks" and order a RedBull and drank water for the rest of the night. A friend of mine was real intoxicated and keep telling me that he can hang with me since I don't drink. What a friend he is, I thought to myself.

For the first time in my life I actually went to a bar and did not have a drink or smoke. The temptation s were there but I managed. Its funny how you see other people act when they are drunk and how stupid it looks. I used to act like that all the time without knowing. I now have the confidence that I could go out on the weekend and don't need alcohol to enjoy the night. I felt great that Saturday night.

The depression came from thinking that sobriety sucks and people are going to look at me different. At this point I dont give a f@#$ what anybody thinks. I'm preparing myself to succeed. No longer will I feed my body poison. No longer will I let others influence me to negativity. I took a pledge to this. I will exercise, read, eat healthy and work on my career and business. Liquor held me back from doing all these things but now, there is no holding back.

My gratitude goes to this forum and all the alcoholic In here that struggle but still manage not to take that first drink. To more weekends with out drinking.