View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Marine28

My new pad....hmmmmm. Well, I accidentally locked myself out of my new pad the other night. Was unloading groceries, and had set my purse, cell phone and keys down on the table INSIDE and then went back out to the car. Wasn't thinking that the door locks automatically behind you unless you unlock it on the knob and bang....I was locked out. No way to contact my landlord, nothing! No spare key anywhere. Fortunately, I live in a community that has a security guard shack at the entrance, so I schlepped myself down there, and he called a locksmith. Two hours and $150 later, I was back in. Then my car started acting up, so I had to take it to the dealer. It has a drive train problem. Fortunately, they gave me a loaner vehicle so I am not without transportation. Call me Lucy Ricardo .... a co-worker told me that my "stories" sound just like an I Love Lucy Show.

Anyway, I have a nice 2BR Condo, an end unit, so it has a nice wrap around screened in porch. There are lots of palm trees and a little "creek", not sure what you call it, it's not a lake, it's not a canal, nearby. A lady walking by told me there are alligators in it so I am steering clear. There are two pools and several golf courses. It seems that the beach is about 6 miles away and I am going to check it out soon.

I came very close to drinking the night I got locked out, but I didn't. It was hard. I was a basket case after spending two hours outside in the dark, sitting on the step, wondering if the locksmith was going to show up. I didn't drink, though and I won't. I did go to an AA meeting yesterday morning and am trying to find some new women friends. Seems to be kind of "cliquey" so far, so will keep checking other meetings out. I am sure there is one that I will identify with.

Just realized that my husband's accident was exactly 2-1/2 years ago today. He would want to go to the beach on such a nice day, so that is where I am going.

I will check in later on. Glad everyone is doing well.