Old 01-11-2013, 09:35 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
LadyinBC
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by seek View Post
I believe it is a sickness of selfishness, bad judgment, laziness (not willing to do the work that healthy people do to deal with life), etc.

I don't want to hear about how judgmental and sick I am for thinking the way I do . . .I pray for him and all peoples - that all of our wounds will be healed. I don't believe that alcoholics have such "special" traumas that they could not help but drink . . . there are always other choices.
Being an alcoholic I agree with alot of what you have said. Yes I was very selfish when I drank. Didn't give a crap about anyone else but myself and getting my booze. Bad judgement, yup we never think clearly when drinking. Lazy, yup pity pot is much easier than dealing with life.

Drinking was my choice and my choice alone. No one forced it down my throat or made me drink. The only one holding a gun to my head to drink it was me. Of course when you are in the throes of your addiction, it's never our fault, it's always someone elses or circumstances.

I think there is nothing wrong with you being angry. I grew up with my mom drinking and yes, I was very angry about that. It was frustrating I didn't know why she couldn't stop. I always thought I would never end up with a problem, but looking back I think in the back of my mind it was always there.

I am so thankful that my eyes were opened and that I can now say I have been sober for over 5 months now.

You did the best you could raising him. It is time for him to step up, grow up and take control of his life.