View Single Post
Old 11-04-2002, 06:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Unhappy Heading For Homeless

My son who has been struggling with his addiction and talking recovery but not acting, is heading for homeless tomorrow.

He blew the rent money, and is not in particularly good shape right now, but he seems to prefer the street to program.

He came by for dinner, and I offered to take him to Detox which he declined. He said he was $20 short this week (he pays weekly) and I didn't bite...been there before.

Normally I would be very sad and afraid, but thanks to this program, I recognize that he is closer to finding recovery than he was two weeks ago when he was talking a good story.

As I watch him hit another bottom, I am praying for him and hope that he will be on his knees soon. It is painful to watch him just getting worse and worse, but I know that paying his rent for him would be truly getting in God's way. All that would do would be to keep him using another week.

All you mom's out there know what I am talking about, and this post is not to look for pity, but to say thank you for all the strength you and this program has given me. And to say thank you to God for watching over him.

And maybe to ask you all to keep him in your prayers.