Thread: Work Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Squizz

Update:

Well strangely enough, I was invited to a work party. (Despite not even being employed for three whole weeks. LOL.)

I declined however. I said point blank: "Going to a brewery probably isn't a good idea for someone like me."

Not to mention, I don't even feel *entitled* to go to a work party yet. I haven't even worked there for 100 hours yet! LOL.

They must *really* like me. I mean, I know I work hard........but I'm actually quite puzzled by this.

Anyhow, I make no bones about my past. If people ask me at work, I tell them exactly why I don't drink. (Usually citing stories from my drinking days.)

Most people are supportive. Some just don't understand. Which is par for the course, in my experience when it comes to those who don't understand sobriety.

Anyhow, one guy in particular had his usual snide comment. He said, "Matt, when I'm drinking about five Long Island iced teas on Saturday night, I'm going to be thinking of you."

And you know what I'm going to say to him tomorrow?

"Chris, when I'm at my AA meeting on Saturday night, while you're at the bar drinking. I'll be *praying* for you."

As the old adage goes when it comes to work: "Kill em' with kindness."

Thanks to all of you, for you and your support. It's nice having people to talk to, and dealing with my issues, as opposed to just drowning them out with alcohol and drugs.

I've ran enough for one lifetime. It's time to man-up.