Old 01-10-2013, 09:56 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  
weirdesttoner

My story is pretty short, but it escalated a lot quicker than any examples here.
I drank for ~ 6 years.

-In the first year i drank only saturday (but pretty heavy, i didn't realised that back then) and in the second half of the year, friday and saturday. I drank a lot back there, and pretty much everything, i hadn't any preference.

-In the second year i starded to add to that sometimes thursday, sometimes sunday, and sometimes both. I started to drink only beer, as my organism couldn't stand hard liqueur and wine made me the worst headaches.

-In the third year i started to not make difference between days, one night drunk, the second night, hungover as hell(the only time since now i slept normally, without being passed out). With the exception of week-ends, when i was always drunk.

-In the 4th, 5th and 6th year, i started to drink daily, with almost no exception, from 8-9pm until passing out. Sometimes earlier, sometimes late.

-In my last year of drinking, 2012, i started to feel guilty for my drinking, so i tried to get sober by myself. Maybe 8 times i managed to not drink one day, ~3 times i din't drink for 2 days and 2 times i stood sober for 3 days.

Not to mention, in the last 2 years i started to have "bad days" or maybe should i call them "days with nothing to do", especially on weekends, when i started to drink at 1pm, passed out, woke up at 8pm, drinked again until passing out again.

I escalated really quickly, and keeping in mind that i only have near 25 yrs now, if i continued down this path, i would become the best in this branch by 30, and probably dead by 35.
So, thank you AA for saving me!!