Old 01-09-2013, 11:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by beth76 View Post
Well, deep breath where do i start! I am currently living in San Diego with my husband and two children, 5 and 11 years old I am in training to be a funeral director and embalmer. (you would think that enough would help me stop drinking!)

I have been drinking for 8 years and it was kind of ok until the first "incident"
My daughter who was 10 at the time found me nearkly dead on the floor after drinking a lot of vodka.... i was taken to a psych unit on a 74 hour hold and cps was called on me.... was that enough to stop ... nope. From there i just continued to drink.. i am a wine girl.. but have recently tried to cut down to beer. I have been in 3 detox's and got sober for up until 3 months.

Recently i have had some news about my liver, its not good news but the Dr warned me that the enzimes were 4 times the normal range. I am bruising all over and i am losing my hair. (attractive - not really), and i have gone from 140lbs to 118, i will die soon if i do not stop drinking. Well after that news i tried to stop, but then my kitten whom i have raised from birth was eaten by coyotes in my yard in front of me, my 2 gerbels died within the same week. My husband is always working so being from the UK its hard to make friends. MY mam and dad refuse to talk to me until i get better.

I have depression and panic disorder also. I do not know what i am looking for here, maybe just some advice, i have been to AA and had councilling but to no avail.

Thank you so much.
Beth - you still have your life. And you still have your family, training for a great career. You also have a husband and children. And most importantly, you came here and realize you need to stop drinking. That's a lot more than many have who come here. Sounds like you've already talked to a doctor, did he recommend any local treatment options?