View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 07:05 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
HopefulmomtoD

Redatlanta,

Thanks for the suggestions. He has been pretty regularly taken to a therapist for his issues. Just has been taking the anti depressant meds for a year or so- but, he definitely feels better on them. Bipolar? I don't know. At one time his therapist mentioned it as a possibility. If he is, he does not have any highs. Only low and lower.

Since he got home from rehab, his mood seemed pretty stabilized. However, he started drinking within a few weeks (who knows really- I'm not going to use him a source). However, I only found two vodka bottles in our house. Hopefully, we caught it pretty early. I think his drinking picked up this week once we kicked him out of the house. He has zero coping skills. And, I know he will not handle GF breaking up with him, so I'm trying to get him somewhere today. Girlfriend drama in the past = major increase in his drinking.

If you put in a link, I don't see it. I'm always open to ideas of where to send him. Outdoors would be good for him- he is pretty familiar and has always loved it. I think we will be lucky if we get more than a 3-4 day hospitalization out of our insurance, but I figured it would buy me sometime to figure out next longer term step.

edited to add: Finances are an issue this time. I swore I would never pay another dime ...

If there was a pill to take that would make me not care about him anymore, I think I'd take it. ;- )