Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 01:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Maylie

Welcome Ashley,

Those first days/weeks of sobriety can be really hard, not only physically, but emotionally. We have all masked our emotions with substances, and once we take those substances out of the equations every feeling we have masked comes up to the surface. It can be frightening, but all it is, is us becoming human again.

Maybe while you're waiting to get into rehab you should reflect on your last trips to rehab. Think about your attitude and commitment while in the rehab, if you had a plan for when you got out, and if you stuck to a recovery plan after rehab. Many people go to rehab thinking that it is a magic cure, but really it is just a place to re-group, learn tools for living sober, and a break from all the choas of life, which allows us to put ourselves back together.

Hopefully they offer counseling in the rehab you are going to attend. I don't know where I would be today without counseling. Also, maybe after rehab you would adjust better if you went to sober living house or something like that.

Whatever you decide to do, don't give up. Someone once told me that the time to really worry about someone is when they stop asking for help. As long as we keep trying, there is still hope