View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 07:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
cfm

Any tips on how to get threw?
Yes
I did try an al anon meet but it was uncomforfable
To bad, go anyway, develope a support group (in the old days we called them friends) that will help you understand what your up against.
Ive meet his thearpist, she says hes doing well.
And she would know this exactly how????????.........Iv'e been doing this a long, long time, (and I will leave open the possibility that it's just me) but I have never met so much as 1 single drunk who was doing well at 30 days sober. You are INFINATELY more qualified to judge if he's doing ok than some therapist. Since he's been sober is he kind?, is he respectful?, is he fullfilling his responsibilities?, is his spirit repentive or arrogant and proud??? I have posted to you before. I suggest you go back and read it. They still apply. They will always apply. When I was about 30 days sober my sponsor said something to me ( I can't remember what ) and i said: "Well I kinda feel like" and he said: "STOP RIGHT THERE"...".Did you just say feelings Chris"..."I have 2 words for you that will cover your feelings at all times & under all conditions"........"TOUGH ****" "THAT COVERS IT, YOU ARE AN ALCOHOLIC AND YOU HURT PEOPLE. That must stop RIGHT NOW .........There is absolutely no excuse for him to ever pick up a drink again. .....PERIOD, END OF STORY. Hoewever don't be surprised if he does..........Find out what step he's on. 99% of people who go down will go down between steps 3 & 4, because they don't want to do a 4th. In all probability right now he is just stark raving sober. Your "What if" is a very valid question & possibilty. Just take care of yourself. When one comes into AA they begin to serve a 5 yr appreticeship..One is new until they are 5 yrs sober. Your going to need some help along the way to. Any specific questions PM me.........May God go with you.
'