View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 12:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Aphid
Must not mess up again!

Thank you all for your input.
I keep telling myself all the benefits I will have if I don't drink. Loose weight, not have that horrible feeling the next day. Not have to apologise to people. But part of me still thinks that, as someone just said here, lots of people change when they've had a drink, become flirty, loud etc, and that doesn't mean they have a problem. Added to the fact that I moderate very well most of the time, cant I just keep a leash on myself? But then again I've proved myself wrong so many times by going too far, and I guess that even going too far once is once too many.
I'm worried about how I'll feel surrounded by friends and family drinking. I work as a singer in Greece in the summer, and all drinks are free. I'm in a holiday atmosphere surrounded by people on holiday, getting drunk. I have one or two drinks I would say 4 nights out of 7 on average in the season, which I know is too much for a healthy level, and I'd already decided to cut that down to once or twice a week next season. Funny thing is,I'd already decided to stop drinking for my new years resolution as I want to lose weight, so in a way I feel ok about it. I don't want it to be a decision I've taken cos my hubby demanded it. It has to be because I want to stop, or I will feel forced into it, and be resentful. Does that make sense? I'm sorry if I'm going on, I guess I'm just casting around for support to make me feel better!