View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 07:53 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Joe Nerv

Originally Posted by terrazinaa View Post
An interesting topic...
I was considering de-alcoholized wine to help me stay sober...
That is when IMO it should be avoided like death itself. It would be playing headgames that from all the experience I've heard, doesn't work. Just about everyone I've know that used it to lessen their desire to drink, or as a replacement for drinking, wound up going back to the real thing. I didn't drink non alcoholic beer until I was sober a while, and it was never as a replacement for the real thing. It was because I really wanted to know what it tasted like (they were pretty hard to come by back then), and then from time to time enjoy having one.

Also, when I had my first NA beer pretty much all that was available was Moussie. I think that's why I didn't touch another one for a while after that. Anyone ever drink one of them? I defy anyone to drink more than one.

Also want to note, nostalgically, that when I was around 6 or 7 years old I remember being on vacation one summer and my father finding what must have been one of the first NA beers ever. Near beer. He let me and my brothers have it and it was awesome at the time. Don't remember if I liked the taste or not, but I felt all grown up. Back then if I had the means I probably would have bought it by the case, until I was able to drink the real stuff. I never saw or heard anything about near beer since.

Well lookee what I just found. The internet is a wonderful thing.

Wow. Just realized ya can't post pix on this forum. I can easily see why that's probably a great idea. Anyhow, here's a pic of near beer http://bolttalk.com/attachments/near-beer-jpg.2947/ .