View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 01:18 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Sentso

Happy New Year everyone! First year we start sober, isn't it amazing?
Almost, or already for some, 6 months sober. Sometimes I just can't believe it!

R4R I'm worried about your wrist, I hope it's gonna be alright. I keep you in my thoughts.

FreeFall, very nice idea. It reminds me of my friend. Last summer she started putting a grain of rice in a bowl every time she felt she had done something good for her or someone else. That way she could simply watch the bowl fill up, knowing every small grain was there for a reason.
I think it is a really wonderful idea. We need reminders of our decisions, our good actions, etc.

I came back from the buddhist monastery on friday. It was a very interesting experience. I really discovered meditation, and I think I'm gonna stick with it for a while.
For a long time I was worried I was never gonna hear silence again (I have light tinnitus in my ears), but these days I just found out about all the noise in my head, and that the real silence I'm looking for is inside. And it's really hard to keep the mind silent.
Otherwise we had some interesting (though a bit long) dharma talks, and we did a lot of walking meditation (walking slowly, paying attention to our breath or our steps only), and worked together for the community. Also the silent meals were awesome, I really enjoyed being silent while eating, and paying attention to each mouthful (one monk told us to chew at least between 30 and 50 times every mouthful, which seems a bit extreme, but is in reality very enjoyable. You really get to taste and respect what you eat)
Overall a very good experience, and I met some interesting people there from all around the world.
It really made me stronger and calmer.

This month is my last month with the band. We're supposed to go back on tour for a couple weeks quite far away, but it's not completely sure yet.

I had some really strong cravings yesterday. I was meeting some very good friends in a bar, and for a few seconds I really felt I was gonna have one of the pints that were put on the table. I wanted one so bad. Then the waiter put my sparkling water on the table, and I snapped out of the feeling.
And I thought the buddhist retreat had made me stronger! Same old lesson: never ever take it for granted.

Finally I had a good night, went back home early, and read an interesting book about Ayahuasca (I'm thinking about going to Peru for a couple weeks in march, following my anthropologist friend's advices)

Have a good day/night everyone.

xx