View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
zjw

especially when we come from a place where we feel isolated and lonely. The leap from feeling no one drinks or thinks like me to seeing a room full of people who not only drank or thought like me, but also stopped and stayed stopped, can be quite a chasm. But you have seen firsthand the love alcoholics have for one another,
Thats a point that got me. Someone on this board said something along the lines of "oh yeah your situations different uh huh all sarcasitc like" I thought iw as special i had some diff story to tell that my line of thought was somehow different and no one would understand etc.. Till I went to AA like the people on this board had suggested and realized nope I' not special I'm just al alcoholic like a lotta others and a lot of others could help me etc..

I never got the phone list was never even offered nor a sponsor or nothing i dunno. I think the group i went too was just a tight nitched group i dunno. Why i have a hard time going back sometimes tho i did really enjoy speaking with some of them.