View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 06:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
LittleNina

Incredible indeed, Fernaceman!! woohoo!!

And, awuh1... I am glad I didn't take that bet! In fact, I was just logging on to report back. I may make a new thread of it so it can get more visibility for others who may be in the same boat as I was.

So here's what happened: I went to my first meeting this afternoon. Met a lovely woman there, who took me to my second meeting tonight!

I met the most incredibly, overwhelmingly, insanely nice people!! I now have about a dozen phone numbers, got lots of hugs.... YOU WERE SO RIGHT!!

I am still very new to all this, and I don't know if the 'program' is exactly right for me, but what I do know is that I need people. And holy moly these people are SO KIND & SUPPORTIVE. I was absolutely floored. And inspired. And humbled.

I really would like to go into more detail, and probably will in a new thread as I mentioned, but gee whiz I am pretty tired at the moment.... so maybe in the morning.

But listen, awuh1-- THANK YOU. And thanks to everyone here on SR. I honestly don't know how I'd do this without you.