View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 04:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NewbieJ

Wow. I messed up.

So AH and I drove out to California for Xmas to visit relatives. Long story short, we've had a lot of time together the past few weeks, including about 7 days total in the car together. We came home last night and another long story short, a confusing argument lead to me saying: "your crazy. Go have a drink", in anger. Probably the worst thing I could say. Part of me wonders if he was picking a fight so he could justify drinking tht night, who knows (I've heard A's do that?).

I apologized profusely later, even after he had called me names, saying I knew how wrong it was for me to have said that, and I was so sorry. He cried while he drank straight from a wine bottle, told me it was ok, he gets that I'm sorry, just leave him alone. He slept in the other room with the door locked.

Do I just try to act normal? Apologize again? He's not talking to me, leaves the room to busy himself elsewhere when I settle there. I truly feel bad, it's very rare that I lash out verbally. Part of me is angry and sad that he acting this way, part of me feels so bad for him. Definitely attending the next Al Anon meeting I can.