View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 07:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
thistwoshallpas

Trusing him when he's in the rooms

Me and my alcoholic have been together for 13 years. I walked out two years ago because his drinking a drug use had gotten so bad. I'm happy to say that he will be picking up his 1 year chip the end of January 2013! After 8 months in rehab we decided to give "us" another go. It hasn't been easy. In fact, it's been the most frustrating 4 months of my life. And I'm sure his too. He goes to 5 to 7 meetings a week and is very active in his home group and service work. He has many friends in the program. Both male and female. He works the programs and people are drawn to him for help. Usually, I don't have a problem with that. He says he has to surround himself with people working the program and that when he helps someone it actually is keeping him sober. I get all that. They have been his life line. He has girls call and texting quite a bit. For the most part it all about step work and principles. However, there have been times when girls have wanted to see him outside of the meetings. They tell him that they are attracted to him and so on. To my knowledge, he has not gone but it does make it awkward for a while at the meetings. I on occasion join him for a speaker meeting and it's weird for me as well. I already have trust issues because of things in our past. Now, I feel like I'm always checking up behind him to make sure he's not misrepresenting himself to these girls. Any advise out there?