Thread: 8 Months Today
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Natom
Not Alone

8 Months Today

Realised I was 8 months clean earlier this evening so I am doing my obligatory *Enter Clean Time - Today* posts. Hopefully somebody gets something from this post.

The last 8 months have not been absolutely fantastico super duper just because I got clean. They have been up and down, that is the nature of life. The majority of the time has been the best time of my life though. I am more equipped to deal with the bad times and work through them productively. They say that to truly experience joy you first have to experience pain. Check, I've done that.

For me getting clean was the easy bit. I'd just had enough. I gave up, I stopped fighting. I couldn't keep on struggling. Staying sober is harder for me. That's why I take it a day a time. When I wake up in the morning the only thing I have to worry about is whatever is happening in the evening. That's it. Job done.

I attend NA. It's helping to keep me clean one day at a time. That's just what works for me. So I would rather not have a recovery debate war on this thread. To be honest it doesn't matter what methods you do or do not use. All that matters is that we are alive and ready to tell the story.

Cheers,

Natom

:day1