View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
conga

Hello again! SO problems

Hey there, its Conga, I have been on this site many years ago but this is the first time I am really making a commitment for sobriety. Lets see I did not drink any alcohol 20 days in Dec, considering i had my b-day and Xmas and new years I think I did OK. It was funny because a lot of my gifts were alcohol related including a 26er of rum and a rugby shirt that says Irish drinking team (for life) on it !!!. Oh and a 6 pack of beer. I have not had a drink so far this year (4 days) but who is counting.

The biggest issue I am having is my so is not pleased about me not drinking. She thinks I am boring and am going to leave her once I sober up. I think she likes me drunk and on the couch (passive). She likes to drink her wine every night and so does her oldest son (26) so they sit and drink at night while I sit and watch movies or whatever trying to be sober. She and her son's went on vacation for 2 weeks in December and I had no problem's not drinking. I was happy and proud of myself. Now I feel awkward and don't know what to do about it. Her son popped a beer last night and the sound almost drove me to have one myself. I don't expect them to to stop drinking just be a little more sutler about it for a while.

I also go to bed earlier and they wake me up eating food late at night etc. I almost feel like I need to move into my own place to be at peace with the new me. I love being sober, I feel better and have way more money for fun things. I would love to hear what others think , will it get better or will she just think I am a boring fuddy duddy. I don't think I am boring just because I want to not drink and go to bed early. I play drums in a pink floyd cover band and love boating. So I am not the party guy she first met but is that so bad?