View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 11:24 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I'm not saying you partcipate in being disregarding
I'm sure I have at times. Most of the time, it's not my intention. If I said it's never my intention, I'd be lying

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot
It's difficult to be fair with most folk when it can become all too obvious that some people ae better with the written word than are others. This alone can allow for some serious injustices, imo.
I would agree with this. Those that try to intellectually bully others are funny to me though. It's a thinly veiled attempt at appearing/feeling superior, but yeah, some people can fluster others and shut them down by all manner of overblown intellect. Sadly, the exchange is lost and with it possibly some valuable insight on both ends.

Funny thing about being disregarding. I think about this often. My son has autism. He has some verbal language but it's at a very low level. If you undertand the spectrum, you also understand his social skills are "compromised" as well. Upon meeting someone he will say exactly what he sees as he sees it. Like "what happened teeth?" "Or what happened face?" or "hair is mess" when he sees decayed teeth or a mole or blemish on someone's face or whatnot. Most of us have figured out it's "not nice" or helpful to mention things that might make others uncomfortable, but that is completely lost on him. He has absolutely no clue what "hurting someone's feelings" really means. To him, it's stating the obvious. Is he being disregarding? yes and no.
Are you picking up what I'm putting down here? lol