View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LittleNina

100% Positivity!!

Hello!

Today is Day 8 and I am absolutely thrilled about that!

I am trying very hard to stay positive. Had a rough day yesterday, and I'm still feeling a bit down... but I want to fight that feeling! And in the interest of keeping things positive, I thought I'd share a few good things that have happened since getting sober. Perhaps those with more long-term sobriety can share some positivity as well...

On Day 7, I cleaned the whole house and chopped a ton of veggies (for pickling); before that day I had very little energy and wouldn't have been able to manage all that. And before quitting, I would have just drank and smoked pot instead of cleaning/ prepping veggies/ eating etc.

Yesterday was my first day back at work after the holidays. My good friend literally GASPED when she saw me! She demanded to know what kind of diet I was on or if I'd gone to some kind of spa or something -- she said I look amazing! And you know what... I do! I am amazed at how quickly I started to look better, no more puffy face, and I've lost 7 or 8 pounds already (I have modified my diet for optimal detox as well).

And one more thing.... I just realized today is actually Day 9! LOL

What other wonderful things can I look forward to??

Thank you everyone for your kindness and support!