View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 04:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bunkie65

LMN,

Yes I have had that same experience! It use to happen quite often when my sons were younger! I would mention how healthy my kids were. It was always in conversations with someone that experienced alot of sicknesses with their kids. I would almost be bragging, and was proud of the fact that my kids were so healthy and they were, but I kinda felt like it was a reflection of my mothering skills, abilities! Yikes! Pre my recovery process! Then with out fail my kids would get sick! Weird! I learned to just bite my tounge about my kids good health! This happened several times. I figured it out to say nothing when I felt the urge to "brag" about their health!

Looking back after learing about me and my motives, I realized I did not do that to hurt anyone or be mean I just needed to stroke my ego I suppose! As for today my sons are 15 & 17, I have developed a understanding of being humble. And have learned to accept what was ment to be or not to be. And have found that even if I want something really bad or Im hoping for something, I just am very limited on my conversations with others. I take it to God and say okay if its your will? That helps me stay balanced and keeps the words out of my mouth to others "simple". And my expectations at a low level.

I try to keep a positive outlook and attitude and one of acceptance. What ever is going to happen will and turn it over to God as best I can! So I don't have to many of those experiences today! But back in the day I did.....