Thread: Hi
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sasha4

Welcome to our family!

I am UK too, lots of us here.

I grew into a bottle of wine of wine a night drinker, then added a few vodka's, then started earlier and earlier.

I am now 325 days and nothing is going to get in my way of getting to a year!
It was hard at first. I mostly drank in the evening. I got busy. Got off my favourite spot on the sofa, smashed my favourite glass and got busy. I had a lot of early nights, drank a lot of hot chocolate, did a lot of cleaning, got rid of stacks of junk for car boot sales, went for long drives with loud music, but I did it. I'm still doing it!

Now I can hand on heart say it would be strange to sit all night and drink all evening.

But by visiting here daily, reading and posting, learning about how dangerous alcohol can be the impact it can have on your life and your friends and family.

If you really want an eye opening wake up call, go on you tube and watch 'rain in my heart'. It's a documentary made in a UK hospital. That will really get a hold on your drinking.

I really do wish you the best on your experience with becoming free from alcohol whichever way and when you decided to it.

Take lots of care xx