View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 03:02 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
katrinka

I just wanted to chime in and say how great it is to see so many here in the Class of January 2013! It's a tough row to hoe in the beginning but it is so worth it!! I am part of the Class of January 2012 and it has changed my life. In fact, I am celebrating (with green tea and exercise) my 1 year anniversary today!! I am a changed person and if I did it you can too. I no longer wake up full of dread, anxiety and shame with my heart pounding and afraid I might die. I remember the conversations I had with my family the night before. I am truly Present Every Day of my life.

In the beginning, I spent a lot of time on SR reading and posting. I walked in the afternoon to get through my usual "wine" time and drank lots of caffeinated beverages. I recognized that the voice in my brain telling me to drink was evil and had to be ignored. I focused on improving my health which gave me an incentive to succeed. When I had cravings, I ate and drank healthy things and prayed a lot. Find what works for you, make sure you get some kind of help, and don't give up!