Thread: hello
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 11:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
scaredkitty

hello

hi all, have been lurking here in my corner for a while and have finally gotten enough courage up to post.
i've been a binge drinker for a very long time, but 4 years ago after a family emergency it changed to every night. recently i've had my own emergency and am now desperate to stop, so i've been tapering with beer since september 2012.
i have managed to get it down from 12+ units per night to 8, then 4- where i was stuck until december- am now making progress again, and this new year's eve i only had 2 units :-)
my big problem is the fear. i am absolutely terrified of getting seizures/Dts and having them kill me. i'm 36, badly overweight because of the beer, and a smoker. (i know, recipie for disaster)
i was hoping to be a/f last night but got so scared i had 2 beers and went to bed thoroughly ashamed. the good thing was i didn't go mental and drink everything in the house, so i do have some control still.
can anyone tell me how bad it's likely to get when i have the courage to let that one last beer go? i really really want to be free, but i am so scared i'll die. thanks for reading xx