View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 03:34 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Grace2

My dear Tanja

My heart goes out to you and I hope everything had quietened down, what a horrible start to the new year. No wonder you didn't sleep.

I would think that a lot of what happened with your husband was due to the alcohol in his system, I bet he feels like sh*t today and probable can't even remeber large chunks of what happened.
I agree with you that Peyton probably would be better off in a home without cats and it would make life easier and more relaxed for you, but I also know how hard it would be to let him go, he's a big part of your family and you love him. You have to do what's best for you and best for him, think about it carefully and weigh up all the pro's and con's before you make your decision.
I don't think that it is your sponsor's place to tell you what you should or shouldn't do where your pets are concerned, that is your business. She is there to listen and empathise and help with your alcohol related difficulties, not to pass judgement on how you run your other life.
If she's not an animal lover anyway, she really won't understand and if you get on with her otherwise, then probably the best idea is to not talk about your pets full stop with her.

Be strong and stay focused, things have a way of working out.

lots of love and prayers to you. ((( )))