View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 02:06 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
tanja

Good Morning All,

New Year's Day didn't turn out as well as New Year's Eve. My husband started drinking and was belligerent and angry. I did manage to go to a AA meeting with my nephew. When I got home I let the dogs out of their crates. Peyton (the problem child) started to get into it with Sammy. I yelled "help" for my husband. My husband charged down the hallway. I didn't see what occurred. But, I know in the past he has been aggressive with Peyton by lifting his crate up and down and shaking it. He said that he tried to get Peyton off the bed and that Peyton went after him twice. He punched Peyton in the nose and managed to get him in his crate. I asked my husband that if Peyton went after him - how he did not get bitten. My husband claimed that he was fast. I believe he was overly aggressive with the dog and that if Peyton really wanted to go after him he would have. He told me he wanted Peyton gone. I do recognize that Peyton would do best in a home with no cats and where he is the only dog. My husband had talked to the rescue group that we got him from a few months ago and the woman told him that she wanted something in writing to attest that he is not a danger to humans. So, I sent her an email requesting that and trying to get the number of the rescue group. My husband kept charging in the room and saying that the dog had to be gone in a week, that he had a gun and would take care of it himself. I explained three times that I had emailed the trainer and rescue group. He said it was all bull. I spoke with my sponsor. She is not an animal person. She was telling me to get rid of not just Peyton, but more of my animals. I basically told her that I rescue animals and that I do not get rid of them and getting rid of Peyton will be a huge trigger situation for me. I have never gotten rid of a dog that I have owned and loved for years. I also told her that animals were my passion, much like her faith. She has said things that have really pissed me off. I did tell her I didn't like discussing the animals with her. This is going to be a big loss for me and bring up huge guilt feelings for me wondering if he is going to end up crated 24/7, ending up in a shelter and being euthanized. The stress my husband is heaping on me is not helpful either. Needless to say, I awoke at 3:00 am and couldn't go back to sleep. I am hoping that my husband is more reasonable today without the alcohol in his system. Thank you for listening.