View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 01:59 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
NapsteR1

Hello All

This is my first post on this section, I've recently "graduated" if that's the right phrase from the Dec 2012 class and as that thread's been moved, this one looks like the next logical step!

Drew back the curtains on Day 32 this morning, amazing bright pink dawn fading to orange, will be working from home for the rest of the week before work proper starts again with a very full diary next week so that should keep me busy.

Have been using cigarettes as a bit of a crutch since stopping drinking, only 2 or 3 a day but the rest of those went in the bin this morning so going it solo now save for mutiple cups of tea!

Drinking urges seem to have faded today, almost like being suddenly aware of the silence when the air con in the office shuts off out of hours or the clothes drier in the house stops. Now I think I'm onto the boring hard graft bit of "Filling the Void".

Stepping up the work out / running stuff, from zero to something which funnily enough the endorphine rush following is pretty much identical for me as the ramp up feeling I got afte getting through half a bottle of vodka in under an hour. It's sure harder work to get the excercise rush but a hell of alot easier than trying to explain why you're passed out by lunchtime!

Very much looking forward to 2013