View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 03:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
LoveMeNow
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by bluebelle View Post
This has been a lifelong struggle for me. When I was younger, I would tell people that I wasn't negative, I was just a realist. I know for sure that I'm afraid to think positively because I'm afraid I'll not be prepared for a negative event. My mind wants to explore all possibilities so that I will be prepared. I also am afraid to say something positive out loud. I'm one of those people who will "knock on wood," after I make a positive statement. I'm afraid that if I say something positively, I will be jinxed and something bad will happen.

In the past 10 years, I've been working on this. I try to think more positively. I'm still afraid to say positive things out loud
YES!!!!!!! I am going to have to talk to my therapist about this topic.

My husband has always been very positive. And yet, he was the one who became addicted to pain pills????

Just the other day, he was telling about this big sale he made. I "questioned" it further (because I know the business too) and the sale was not complete. I asked him "why do you always count your chickens before they are hatched? He said "Honey, you have to think positive." I said "But you "jinx" yourself every time." He lost the sale to a lower bidder!! He just laughs and says "You can't win them all." Then he made a bigger sale and said "Its complete!"" lol