View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 12:35 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Grace2

20.05 New years day

Good evening my lovely undies, first chance I've had today to post with the other half being off too etc, he's in the other room at the moment watching a film and O has gone out with his Daddy to see his other Grandad and he's not back yet, any time now!
We've just got back from my parents. we had tea there with them at my Mother's insistance and I can't believe how chirpy my Dad is today, it was like having 'my Dad' back again. He slept last night again and he was singing and chatting to us today, just like his old cheerful self and he didn't even nod off, I feel so much better in myself for seeing him like that, if only it could last.
It's been good today, being sober and I enjoyed having a peaceful quiet night with those that were here, at Midnight we watched Big Ben strike midnight on t.v, kissed and wished each other a happy new year and watched all the Chinese Lanterns and the fire work display that was on at the pub just down the road from us. Very nice time had by all.

MLC, you're so lucky having the support of your husband, that's a massive help. If you want something badly enough you'll get it, so keep focused and plan ahead for your danger zone times. Plan how to avoid them, how to do things differently. We're all here with you.

Thank you R.Z and a happy new year to you too.

Nicky the party sounds great and I'm so proud of you and I bet those gorgeous girls of yours are too. Don't envy you the airport run though!

HI Boozefree, I hope work went well, you're doing great so stay as strong as you are. Keep working at it. I didn't even drink when I was your age, I was always a late developer, lol, but you are just amazing. It's great that you've found a meeting you enjoy and by the way, I am really, really shy too, so I know where you're coming from. It's quite surprising actually how many of us here are introverts.

Tanja, I did manage to get a lie in this morning so I'm not too bad, still tired but I just think it's recent events catching up on me, when I did get to sleep I had one of those awful drinking dreams, not had one of them for weeks.
As from today I'm giving the sweets and junk food a miss, I've just prepared my food for work tomorrow, weetabix and fruit for breakfast and a tuna salad and fat free yoghurt for lunch plus soup.
Your getting quite a little collection of those 5 month chips, well done you.

WWG. It's really good to see you back posting, I have been thinking about you and I hope you and your family had a good Christmas and have a happy new year. I'm really glad to hear you had a good talk with your wife and I'm sure she will be happy to support you. Right then, this is day one of the rest of your life, you know what you need to do and you know where we are, so get doing it.

HI Midnight. my neighbours were very noisy too, but there again they always are. It seems so funny that you have had New Year and are now waiting for Christmas, when we had it last week.
That post you started last night was brilliant, I think everyone appreciated it. Thank you.

Oll, nothing wrong with a quiet night, beats being out drunk any day. I was in work yesterday, off today then back in tomorrow, unfortunately.
I'm looking forward to spring too and the days getting longer, it always makes me feel better once I see the spring flowers beginning to show and hear the birds singing in the morning.

I'm off to catch up on my other posts now but I'll be back tomorrow

I hope you all get a good night sleep and that includes me and you Tanja.xx
JUST FOR TODAY, I will be happy. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me. If my mind fills with clouds, I will chase them away and fill it with sunshine.