View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 02:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
LadyinBC
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by RussianBob View Post
Hello everyone ,
so today I decided that I can control my drinking and can have only couple drinks (after 5 weeks of sobriety). So I went to a sushi place and ordered one beer and one LARGE sake ...After that i had countless amount of drinks and got really drunk... So the whole purpose of my writing right now is to tell you guys that drinking was not fun or anything close to it ...DO NOT RELAPSE - its not worth it .
I think many of us think at some point that we can control it. I tried to moderate myself, only drink on the weekends, only have a few etc. Never worked for me.

What has worked for me is that I have resigned myself to the fact that one drink for me is too many and 100 will never be enough. I just can't stop at one. I've accepted this and once I did this I found it a bit easier not to take that drink. My ego didn't like it, but it is what it is and my ego has caused enough problems for myself.

However, this journey of staying sober is not easy and I do have good days and bad days even though I have made my life simpler.