Old 12-31-2012, 01:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
embracestruggle

Girl, you have GOT to get yourself out of that situation.

It may not happen tomorrow, but you should start looking into other options to create a better life for yourself and your brother.

I agree, I don't think I could ever strip without getting hammered. And if you don't have to be sober for your job, then you will find no need to be sober for anything, and soon alcohol consumes your life. You have your WHOLE life ahead of you!

Obstacles suck. But they are there to make us stronger. Imagine what kind of women you will become if you got sober and fought your way out of this situation. Found a better job/opportunity that enabled you the financial resources to support school and family. In the process met some amazing individuals who could further guide you in your path. One positive step usually leads to another, until you are at the stop of the staircase looking down at your old life. And it starts with baby steps. Saying no to the drink. Looking up other jobs/financial aid online. Etc. etc.

And think about it, if you worked your way through this, you could write an inspirational novel afterwards!

Chapter 1
Twas a dark and stormy afternoon, and I had to go to work at the club. It has only been a few days since I've stopped drinking, and not having its numbing effects to drone out the fact that I'm shaking my booty in the snaring faces of miserable tycoons has let me feeling depleted. I just need to make it through this night sober, so I can take their money, retain my dignity, and go home with the clarity to figure out a better way. Because I am me, and me is strong. And awesome. And an awesome booty shaker.

I'll let decide how this story ends But I know you can make it a good one.