View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 06:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LetsMakeupXtina

Where do I even start...

This is how I am feeling right now. this is something that I have been struggling with enternally for several months now, though it has probably been a problem for much longer than that. I do not have a problem with drugs, I dont use any... but the alcohol for me is the devil. I never thought it was a problem because I typically do not drink Monday thru Friday... so I always told myself that if I'm not drinking every day of the week then it cant be a problem!!! well I am realizing this may not be true... because I am drinking every weekend to the point of blacking out and not remembering the night. I don't know how to have just one or two drinks.. I have never known how to. I just drink and drink and drink.. there is no end. I am so sick of blacking out and not remembering any of the night.. and worrying if I did something stupid or embarrassed my friends or husband. I am sick of feeling sick all day the next day (which is me today.. I have done nothing but lay in bed and beat myself up over it all!).... I feel like I want to and need to take the steps to living a sober life.. but I dont even know where to begin. every time we socialize with friends and even family it is all surrounded around drinks.. my husband is a marketing director at a bar and we ALWAYS go there to watch sporting events and whatnot. How can I get sober while my husband still drinks? these are just some of the things running thru my mind right now. Found this forum while researching different topics on alcoholism online..