Old 12-30-2012, 11:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

On edit, you already resolved it, I started this long one when there were only four ir five replies. So take that into account, I will leave it.

You are stressing out over this, and isn't that what leads us to drinking for comfort when that nasty ol world just isn't fair? Who are these people to put you into this predicament? They haven't. You did, knowing full well they were drinkers. Yep you are setting yourself up. Forget your expectations of others. If they are drinking that, as we all know so well, IS the fun! And boring to the sober ones. The only solution when stuck is to give in. NOT!

No, I agree with all the others. And instead of feeling deprived, or blaming yourself or them, try some gratitude and meditate on how lucky you were to get this far, and that other than New Years you have friends that are there for you. Does AA have anything going on?

You see, this ain't yer first rodeo, and won't be your last. Funny thing. I am recovered, don't have any cravings or desire, in fact my wife still drinks and keeps a half gallon of her scotch in the house in the pantry. I don't even notice it when I move it out of the way. Might as well be a can of cranberry sauce.

But here is what I can tell you when you get another New Years coming up with no relapse. At least for me, you couldn't drag me to a heavy drinking celebration even though I know I am in no danger of drinking if I went - Boooring! I don't resent my not going. Especially New Years morning feeling great. They have the celebration on TV too you know.

Lastly, why are you still relying on others for your entertainment? Why not invite someone over to your place for a nice non alcoholic Rockin New Years Eve? Don't have a non drinking friend? Make one!

Have a great New Years Eve, I know I will, and will have my goid luck black eye peas New Years too!