Thread: Ann...#27
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2002, 11:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
sugar52

hi girls,
i have very good verbalskills, i have the buloney that can really work for me if i'm honest with myself. too bad i've spent the majority using my verbal and managerial skills to protect my dysfunction. i can verbally do an accurate assessment of everyone's inventory. i can be honest, caring, loving or frantic, vicious and vvengeful. lately, i catch myself yawning(prozac) and heavy sighs(matryed, tired, victim). i've changed my communications skills to suit my needs.awareness has made the sarcasm and storming from room to roomm as i pretend to be coping into this new suble form of passive, sighing,mom and loving wife. i suspect my sublimal messages are still communicating my underlying sickness. i believe as i look in the mirror, that i still can't surrender my years of manipulative communicating. hence, i need the 12 steps to relearn knew skills. i'm still the really intense , injured person in a lot of pain. i think that as i look at communication and my life it was a good form of manipulation. so now a think the old spotlight is back focused on me and why and how. old skills that served me so well, now fail me and create a feeling of dissatisfaction. i have 6 children. 2 girls with amazing verbal skills and 4 boys who favor both of my husbands with a bare survival level of verbal skills. i look back and my ability to verbalize(quite intelligently my thoughts and needs have probably impacted my sons as well as my husbands in a bad way. the boys and men in my family structure didn't get equal skills and probably shut down and didn't even bother to take their chances communicating with me. i was way to intimidating.i hope i can let go of my new attempts at manipulating through silence and sighs. i don't know where i was going with this except to say that something i was always confident has probaly backfired in retrospect. mmy husband communicates with anger only. couselor told me that it's amazing that he still wants to talk to me at all, because he can't talk or organize his thoughts enough to verbalize how he feels,(unless he's drunk, and then he is mr. eloquent) maybe i need to have some compassion for my family members having to deal with me over the years. that's a new idea, probably a nudge from my higher power. all those tired sighs mean that i'm close to surrender, not quite there yet, but maybe ready to let go. i hope this makes since. boy did i need to talk to you guys this morning. thanks for listening hugs from sugar.
p.s. where's spindell?? are you out there?