View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 12:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Imustdothis

I hope I can do this !

HI, I have been lurking on this site for some time. My drinking has got out of control and the one who suffers is not just me but my 13 year old boy. When I drink (up to two bottles of wine a night) I end up yelling at him - the next day I am so hungover I cannot parent him properly . I feel disgusted with myself and need to quit. Of course New Years Eve is around the corner but I am hoping that on Jan 1st I can say goodbye to the booze for ever. I get terrible anxiety on waking and have awful gastritis. I just want to return to being the nice, fun person I was. My son says things like ' you've changed - you no longer smile' ; ' I wouldn't be surprised if this kills you' and last night ' eh-oh, it's starting again ..' !! I don't even know why I drink as I have a good, interesting life, great job, enough money.. what is my problem ? My father was quite a heavy drinker and my cousin died from alcoholism. Still I need to get a grip before it is too late. I stopped for nearly three weeks in August and have had a few weeks where I take one or two days off but then it starts up again. I am looking for support here so please help - I have got to succeed and get my life back. All the very best for a happy (and sober) new year.