View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 05:09 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
oooopps

Did I blow everything out of proportion?
Normal people dont shove others and injure their arms. So No you did not blow things out of proportion. Why are you second guessing your fear and injuries?

Granted, he didn't punch me in the face.
Do you need him to punch your face in order for you to leave him? It's a ridiculous thought right?

Pock, YOU are harming yourself. Your boyfriend is the way he is. He is a drug addict. There is no reasoning with him. At some point, you need to take responsibility for putting yourself in harm's way. No more excuses. It's time to get out.

It's been almost 2 years since I left my heroin addict ex. Time and space has made me realize and accept the fact that ultimately I was responsible for putting myself in harm's way. So many warning signs and lies were thrown at me and I refused to see them. Who can I blame but me?

You cannot blame a wild animal for biting you. Just like you should know that drug addicts will hurt you emotionally and physically. He need not punch you in the face for you to be physically hurt. He is already killing you physically with all the stress you're being put under, but at your choice because you choose to have this person in your life.

Get help. Counseling, meetings... whatever it takes. I say this with love, but at some point, the problem isnt your boyfriend anymore but its you. NO ONE is allowed to hurt you unless you let them.