Thread: what do i do?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 04:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
OneDayAtATyme

His addiction has taken over. He loves his drugs. Right now he is in active addiction and to be blunt NOTHING ELSE MATTERS He don't care who he hurts, who he lies to, who he steals from. The drug takes over and manipulation kicks in. You can not help him, he has to want to help himself. You can not be a enabler, when you enable a addict you are just helping his addiction.

Let me tell you something and I have never shared this with anyone on here. I have lost 1 house due to my daughters addiction, a chrysler 300 due to my daughters addiction. She got clean 28 months ago and last August 9th my house was burnt DOWN with 8 people inside at 4:11am.. From a drug dealer/x b/f of hers.. I had him put in prison he got out in July my house burnt to the ground August 9th. He caught the front door on fire a stranger kicked in the family room window and saved us. THIS IS WHAT ADDICTION CAN DO TO PEOPLE.. We are alive by the grace of God !!

I found my daughter overdosed September of 4th he left her there to die. I went to her house and found her drove her to the emergency room. She was detoxing, was going to rehab on Labor day he went to the hospital and shot heroin in her IV. She got high and LEFT they went on a crime spree. 18 cops chased him for 27 minutes. I turned my daughter and him in to the cops i told the police where they was. It was her life on the line. I went to the judged and BEGGED him to say NO BOND. She went to rehab was there 7 1/2 months i went to every family meeting I was going to meetings while she wasnt even home from rehab, I wanted to learn as much as I could about addiction. She left the man and she been clean ever since I thank GOD for this allday everyday. But the one thing I learned was I will love her forever but won't love her to death !!! If she chooses to go back to that life style then i will love her from afar. She won't be allowed to come visit she wont be allowed around her siblings. The choice is hers. She takes a drug test once sometimes twice a week. If I feel like she is acting with OLD behaviors then I go to Rite Aid and Buy a drug test...

For your children and yourself, think about your life. Read what I said in this post. This can happen to ANYONE. Good luck you are in my prayers xoxo