Thread: what do i do?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 03:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
secondwind

Originally Posted by TamaraSchaade View Post
and let me reprase that.. to most people it is obvuois that my kids are my number 1.. i was basically saying that i love him more then anything else in the world besides my children.. didnt no that i had to clarify that.. sorry most people no..
I am glad that children are your #1.

I know for me- I put my Addicted Other before my children many times in the past.

I fought loud and long with AO causing my children pain.

I was in denial about how bad it was and let AO take care of the children while i worked. Only to find out he was snorting coke in the house while i was gone... he was high on oxys and unable to function or care for them... he was driving them around when he went to score from the dealers.... dinner wouldnt be.until 10 at night because he was busy snorting or trying to score he forgot he had to make it.

My.children sat and watched me give gift after gift to AO hoping to make him happy and that he would stop using.

I covered for AO when he sold or pawned the kids electronics for drugs.

My kids have walked in on AO in the bathroom while he was using.

I have dealt with evictions and utility shut offs because bill money went to drugs.

My kids have seen me crying my heart out for days on end.

My kids and i have gone without because AO's addiction came first.

The kids have distant relationships from family due to the drugs.

For four + years i let AO and his addiction come first. I am finally in a position to put myself and the kids before him now.

Carrie