Thread: Work Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 08:07 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Fandy

that's very true....I've had people say to me "oh just quit your job"....this is ludacris for me and would be really stupid.

I cannot take time off from work to "devote my life to recovery"...I would be homeless.
I have responsibilities, bills and family, loved pets.

I think learning to cope with whatever work stress comes along and finding healthy alternatives to deal when you want to slap your boss or coworkers or do something that harms your overall progress is worth discussing here with others.

it's a safe environment to vent and exchange ideas and how to meet the challenges we find at any job.

being sober means i am a more patient person at work, i concentrate better and perform better.

If they threw the new grading algorithm at me (as i had to learn this past year, american medical standards are very strict) i would have been livid and resentful, grumpy pizzy for months....Instead i systematically approached learning it and did not go into a wild panic.....i was pleasantly surprised to find that my brain works!

my brother and I are both responsible for a property our mother left us....I'm pulling my weight and dealing with contracts and realtors in a sane sensible manner....(for the most part, i have only lost my temper once)...i no longer feel the the stupid drunk sister.