Thread: 3 weeks
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 07:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Fallow
Re-Tread

3 weeks

This past 3 weeks has been an adventure. I can feel I have finally changed. Is it THE change I need for all time? No not hardly. Lots of work left, enough for my lifetime. Ive been to many meetings. Already got a network of guys building up around me. Im talking to people in recovery all the time now. Got a sponsor and started the work. Its not fast enough and its too fast all at the same time.

What saved me so far?

Ive had some tense moments. Frustrations of daily life and holiday stress like everyone else. Id laugh to myself thinking of the sober sob everything is real acronym. Speaker tapes on xa speakers have been my saving grace. I listen to them in the car and throughout my day at work. Ive probably logged 50 plus hours of listening lol.

When I really started having drinking visions and '1 beer' thoughts.. I used the second step. I need to be restored to sanity, and it is truly insane that I would consider picking up a drink after all my past bouts with alcohol. Do I really wanna step back in the ring with King Alcohol? Hell no.

Whats my point in all this I dont know. Just my thoughts on 3 weeks this morning. Theres been some of hell, and some pink cloud too.

Looking forward to this beautiful freezing cold sober Saturday. Thanks for being here SR! You all help me so much. Ill keep lurking