Thread: Codependence
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 06:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Livingtoday

Codependence

I want to get right to the point on this subject. I've been sober since Nov. My wife continues to drink, not all the time, but she does get drunk and starts bringing up all of the past events and pain I've caused her. I still manage to stay sober throughout the experience. Last night I came home from the gym and she was wasted. She drove to the store to by more wine. Then she gets home stays in the room drinking then comes out and is demanding I take a drug and alcohol test. I first reaction at that point was, you're not in the right mind set to ask me to do anything of that nature considering you are wasted and this is some emotional outburst of your level of codependency. If my wife would have it, I would have bells and every tracking device attached to me whenever I leave the house. She does not understand the pain she puts herself in by doing that. I've mentioned to her several times that recovery is an independent thing. I can't make her life better by my being sober. She has to do that for herself. I told her that if she wants to start random pee testing then she would have to also. She refused, so I refused and she left for her moms house upset. It's really crazy because the month of December has been great. My thoughts tell me maybe she is starting a fight so she can hang out with friends and drink on New Years, knowing I can't. Just puzzled by the timing of it all.