View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 12:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jobei

Tough time of year...

Hello everyone! I haven't posted on here in a while and just wanted to send out my best wishes to everyone during this oh so tough time of year. I've been sober for nearly 10 months now and while it hasn't always been easy it is definitely better than when I was drinking. I guess part of me thought that the holidays would be a lot easier now that I'm not violently drunk everyday but I'm seeing that even sober this time of year is difficult. There's a lot of pressure and stress put upon us and it can be overwhealming. In the past I'd just drink until I didn't feel it, then rinse and repeat. This year I am trying to take an introspective look at exactly what it is that makes this time of year so hard as I can't just blame it on drinking. I haven't come up with my answer yet though and plan to stay vigilant over the next few days. I feel that I need to put some extra work in. Today I am using my go-to strategy: Whatever I am feeling down about or stressed about WILL pass in time. Most likely sooner rather than later. I hope all of you out there can consider that thought as well! Take care everyone and god bless!