View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 01:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
tikay1962

Facebook is not a problem for me, but i do empathize with anyone facing the day with envy or jealous reactions to what people have posted or are posting. Let me tell you something about my own experience with the computer and social networking, just in case it helps you or another person who longs to face themselves at every level and learn to bring more personal satisfactions to themselves on a daily basis.

I got on the computer for the first time, some years ago now, and as i sat before it i decided to not be a negative influence in the worldwide community, to not share things, (at least very often) of a negative nature since negative impulses pass and the bits of the 12 stepping i had embraced, led me to want to be contagious (if you get my drift) in a positive flow, and not bring people down.
I feared that i had done enough to harm others in my addiction. So i decided then and there to be a positive influence if possible on the web, and let people see my goodness, and applaud me if you would, for having a loving nature and keeping in gratitude about what is good in life, and not for being a negative person, or potential pest who made folks wish they had not logged on that day to read some garbage i had spewed....while out of gratitude. I knew that after a lifetime of being nearly obsessively depressive, i had to change, and i sought that change by becoming more positive in word and deeds. It helped me immensely, whether it helped anyone else i know not, but my intent was pure. i never wanted to harm another human with my habit of seeing the negative. I have been what one might call a positive web member for nearly eight years now. i see not much reason to post "my crap" online with everyone, for who would it benefit to bring negative talk to the world.
The program emphasizes getting positive about our ability to change anything or everything about ourselves that caused us or others harm, and i meant to change very much.
All i can say is, it might help you to open mind and heart to the positive in peoples lives, knowing you have the potential to gather a new life, and anything you want can be yours for the taking, if you get into the actions that will allow for a god of your understanding to move and give you everything you may need. Envy and jealousy, being character defects we carry as burdens, are to be worked out, using the steps. You are going to know a new freedom when you get fully into the process, and that envy, will be gone in the method. Look forward to a new you who will only glory in the good in the lives of your fellow humans. Take your time, forgive yourself and move into the goodness.
I enjoy some social sites because i don't look for anyone to be different than they are, it's about accepting our fellows, and finding our similarities with others.
there are even people who are consistently negative and i like them too.

Maybe your perspective is a little skewed if you aren't happy for more positive people? And..that's okay too....we all have our own timeline for spiritual, mental growth. I very much appreciate that this is an individual program, we all get it when we get it, no one can force us to change, but we can embrace change if we want it.
I just came to realize that what others had i could have any of that too if i decided that i wanted it, and i set envy aside for awhile, and sometimes it forgot to return for a long time, and when it came back i just said ski-daddle, again and again. Now it hardly visits...the computer helped me remove a lifetime of negativity,taught me that focusing on my negatives, and those of others, had kept me using.
I wanted a new life where the positive overtook the negative and i got that by being online, and being a positive person online, and not doing more harm with my negative side. we all have both. i think if you look at my ideal to change, while online, you might undersatnd better....im not sure.
god bless~*~